Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] tie-dye

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 23:16:09 PDT

Hello teachers,
I was planning to put up a lesson plan for a tie-dye party on my web site,
since I just had one for my church group. However, I wanted to know, how do
you deal with the problem of the toxicity of the soda ash solution that you
have to soak the T-shirts in? I stood at the soda ash tub and people handed
me their tied-up T-shirts and then I pushed them into the solution and later
took them out and wrung them out and handed them back to the person to dye.
However it meant that I could not really do much of anything else during the
event, because I was so busy guarding the soda ash. How do you solve this,
or do you use something else besides Procion dyes? Thanks for your advice
on this.
Jean Womack

To unsubscribe go to