Re: [teacherartexchange] non VAPA class

---------

lpapanicolaou_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 17:18:12 PDT

My reservations about media-centered courses like these is that it's a good idea for a mini-class but I can't imagine flower arranging for an entire semester.

An addendum to what I wrote earlier about the art historical tie-ins that could be done with this, I would say that the place for your department to draw the line is that whoever has drawn up the course specs should demonstrate that the instruction meets state standards for visual arts. Otherwise it should go into whatever department handles home ec/shop etc. in your district. Or teach it as an interdisciplinary class with home economics and science history also integrated.

Linda