RE: [teacherartexchange] Centerpieces

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 17:09:28 PDT

>===== Original Message From judiej <judiej50@mindspring.com> =====
>Flowers made from aluminum soda pop cans. Cut out the top end where the
opening is with scissors. Then cut the walls of the can about 1/4 to 1/2 inch
wide strips and stop at the bottom of the can. Bend the strips back to create
a starburst type of flower with the bottom of the can being the center and cut
strips radiating out from center. These can be painted with acrylic paints (I
don't think tempera would stick.)

 There is a group in Ohio which makes centerpieces much like what you are
describing. Perhaps you can get inspiration by looking at their site:

http://www.passionworks.org/products/flowers.php

Passionworks Studio, I believe, is in Akron, Ohio.

Denise Pannell

"Carry on, carry on, for the men and boys are gone, But the furrow shan't lie fallow while the women carry on." ~Janet Begbie