Re: [teacherartexchange] resist method

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 15:27:42 PDT

I use crayons for a crayon resist. They can be very good if they use the crayons heavily and mix them well. You can see them on my website. 2003, art 1, illuminations. It must have a space left around the crayon. Use a thick black marker when doing the design and then transfer to white paper by making a line on both sides of the marker line. this will create a double line and thereby a space between shapes. color the shapes with thick crayon and then paint the line with a lightly watered down tempera. The paint will resist the wax and go into the shapes causing a stained glass effect.

www.room3art.com

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA