Re: [teacherartexchange] non VAPA class

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 15:17:01 PDT

I was told this by the Kansas Fine Arts State Department Representative. Her
explaination on this was that with NCLB being a federal mandate and that it
required all teachers to be "highly qualified". This is where the "fine arts
certified" factors in, since all teachers are expected to be "highly
qualified" and so must teach only classes and grade levels in which they are
certified in. Call your own state rep and find out if this is a regluation
for your state as well.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids