Re: [SPAM???] [teacherartexchange] resist method

---------

From: Karen Chilman (kchilman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 10:58:17 PDT

We use manilla paper and pastels leaving a space between the shapes.

I pour on the ink, they brush it on and I (with the gloves on) rinse it off. They then blot and put on the drying rack. These works, which are done after a gesture drawing and study of abstraction, are always a big hit. EVERY student is successful!

>>> "robin phillips" <robinmcp@hotmail.com> 9/26/2006 1:50 PM >>>

Hi All-
Once again asking for help and picking your brains! I have done resist
paintings in the past, but I never have much success. I always seem to need
to blot off the india ink or watered down tempera or watercolor because it
covers the other media too completely. I have used oil pastel and colored
pencil as the media to be covered. The students are instructed to press
hard and leave space between the areas of color. Is the choice of paper
important?
Any light that can be shed on this will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, you always come through!
Robin in PA