Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] resist method

From: robin phillips (robinmcp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 10:50:25 PDT

Hi All-
Once again asking for help and picking your brains! I have done resist
paintings in the past, but I never have much success. I always seem to need
to blot off the india ink or watered down tempera or watercolor because it
covers the other media too completely. I have used oil pastel and colored
pencil as the media to be covered. The students are instructed to press
hard and leave space between the areas of color. Is the choice of paper
Any light that can be shed on this will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, you always come through!
Robin in PA

To unsubscribe go to