Re: [teacherartexchange] non VAPA class

---------

lpapanicolaou_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 07:45:44 PDT

Well, you could certainly get a lot of art history into it. I'm thinking of seventeenth century Dutch 'memento mori' paintings, the 19th century 'language of flowers', the Roman de la Rose, the history of sunflowers in art (yes, there is scholarly literature on this), tulipomania and ikebana. Not to mention that flower pollen has been found in Neantherthal graves, indicating that floral design has been with us since before we were fully human. . .

Linda