Re: [teacherartexchange] Centerpieces

---------

From: judiej (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 02:19:05 PDT

Flowers made from aluminum soda pop cans. Cut out the top end where the opening is with scissors. Then cut the walls of the can about 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide strips and stop at the bottom of the can. Bend the strips back to create a starburst type of flower with the bottom of the can being the center and cut strips radiating out from center. These can be painted with acrylic paints (I don't think tempera would stick.) Attach them to wire or wood (skewers) with glue or punch a hole for the wire and attach. Fill in with ornamental grass or some wispy greenery, and display in recycled colorful bottles or clear glass bottles, or other containers like baskets, etc.

Good luck.

Judie J