[teacherartexchange] art history/aesthetics

---------

From: Pam Stephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2006 - 15:51:38 PDT

Patty:

In our art ed program, students pursue what is called an extended major (no
minor) so that their teacher prep covers a minimum of art foundations (12
hours), studio art (18 hours), art history (12 hours), art ed (19 hours),
general ed (30 hours), and liberal studies (35 hours). Within the liberal
studies courses students have to take at least two aesthetics classes.

This is the framework from which the art teacher dispositions have been
derived.

I have come to the conclusion that the best I can do is provide certain
tools to help students learn and after they graduate they will be able to
use those tools to gain the deeper knowledge they need to be exemplary
teachers who are able to teach aesthetic reasoning and from a culturally
diverse art history.

Pam