Re: [teacherartexchange] Input wanted on "blue clouds", are they common in other parts of the country?

---------

dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Sep 23 2006 - 12:58:51 PDT

Yes, painting clouds thier local color is not as interesting or as compelling as
painting clouds that exist in the mind. :-)

I am not sure Lowenfeld's Creative and Mental Growth is even discussed much in
undergraduate and graduate courses anymore. Many people felt he was the
"father" of art education. Also, some felt he was the "mother" of art
education because his approach was so nurturing. As a third generation
Lowenfeld art educator, I attribute some of my current beliefs and practices to
him. Here's to Lowenfeld. :-)

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Associate Professor of Art Education