[teacherartexchange] Thanks! new K-5 photography thank you

---------

From: Patterson Beckwith (pbeckwith_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 10:49:21 PDT

Thanks to everyone who posted to my thread about teaching K-5
photography, THE SUGGESTIONS AND IDEAS WERE GREAT! THE LISTSERV
REALLY HELPED ME GET THROUGH THESE 1ST 2 WEEKS! thank you!
I am at a new charter school in LA, with no darkroom & no budget. The
past two weeks were spent making photograms with sun print paper and
taking turns inside a refrigerator box pinhole camera. I have asked
the parents to provide a disposable camera for each student to use in
class. I will have to make these cameras last a LONG time. We have a
large outdoor play area we can shoot in...any suggestions for shooting
assignments? How to keep the kids from burning through their cameras
in under 5 mins? Any other thoughts or experiences with photography
classes? xx - Pat
pbeckwith@otis.edu