RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 21, 2006

---------

From: Maureen (mmorris_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 08:00:41 PDT

Drawing Lightly
I really liked the music/drawing line activity that Barton shared with us.
Do you have a problem with demonstrations? I am a visual person myself and
do have deafness in one ear. I have learned mostly by watching. Being told
does not always work for me as I suspect is true for a number of students.
In fact, I would often get bored listening to teachers, not all of them are
interesting enough to listen to. I certainly think that both are useful in
the classroom. Especially with second language learners, I like to give
written instructions.