RE: [teacherartexchange] Julian Beever/Anamorphic Art

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 06:01:02 PDT

My 8th graders are creating anamorphic art right now - I use it to push
their proportional reasoning skills past just the grid enlargement
activity.
Each year they do a large self portrait from a photo - we prepare by
doing several anamorphic (distorted) grids - including the type Mr.
Beever uses (stretched out - not the technical term... but you know what
I mean - you can see it on the photo of the woman in the pool... there
is a photo where you can see the stretched out leg.) We also use
reflective cylinders with grids - they make great watercolors. I have
the info on cones and anamorphic art - but they are a challenge.

Ted Rand illustrated a Sandburg poem for an anamorphic book - called
'Arithmetic'
Anno has an anamorphic alphabet

There is a book 'Hidden Pictures' that has a little info -

I think all are out of print - be careful where you get your images to
share - most was created for entertainment - and some are adult
entertainment...

Check out the skull in Holbein's 'The Ambassadors' -

Here is more info:
http://www.counton.org/explorer/anamorphic/

http://www.kmlhs.org/faculty/TKUEHL/Precalculus/MESA/Anamorphic-Point/An
amorphic%20Sign.htm

Ellen

Subject: [teacherartexchange] Julian Beever

Someone sent me a link to this artist's (Julian Beever) website.
http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/index.html

His sidewalk drawings are incredible..html