[teacherartexchange] Julian Beever

---------

From: Chantal Pinnow (cpinnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 21:32:59 PDT

Someone sent me a link to this artist's (Julian Beever) website.
http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/index.html

His sidewalk drawings are incredible. I was thinking this might make an
interesting art project for my advanced art students. We could really focus
on optical illusions. I had a couple of ideas: 1. Maybe everyone create a
small optical illusion (such as a dropped paint brush, pile of dirt etc.,
books dropped on the ground etc.) And/or 2. Everyone come up with an idea in
class and then we choose one to create large scale. Everyone in the class
would work on the one picture.

Has anyone ever done a project like this. I would love some ideas or advice.
Thanks,
Chantal