Re: [teacherartexchange] Art Series Books

---------

From: Kathleen Pfeifer (kpfeifer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 16:46:50 PDT

Sarah:

Any good company will send you copies of different grade level books to
preview. When my school was going to purchase a series through Davis
Publications (Adeventures in Art Series) for grades 3-6, Davis sent us
copies for free of the different levels of the student books. Since I
had extra copies I keep one copy of each grade level at home to help
with my planning plus I have extra copies of the teachers manuals too.
If you can do this you will be surprised how often I use them at home.
Sick days etc. I'm happy with the Adventures in Art the reading levels
seem to fit my students. I often substitute different projects for the
different units. I also have the studio workbooks and flash cards. The
flash cards are nice for the end of a class when you have a few extra
minutes to review artists, vocabulary, etc. The workbooks have masters
that you can copy for the different lessons. They are useful also. Do
I use the series for all my lessons. No. But when I want something
special to go with a concept I often use the series. Plus they are
great for substitute teacher plans. The teacher's manual is very handy
for the substitute.

Hope this is helpful.

Kathy Pfeifer
pbartteacher@hotmail.com
Norwich, New York

>>> sjcritzman@yahoo.com 09/20/06 4:08 PM >>>

Hello,

Our school is giving us money to buy textbooks with -
our plan is just to buy a teacher edition of a K-8
series. Any suggestions of a good series out there? I
have no idea whats good or bad, judging by the
covers!!

THanks!
Sarah in WI