Re: [teacherartexchange] 4th grade body proportions

---------

From: Jen Ellis (just.jen.ellis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 14:03:29 PDT

Tracing the kids outline on butcher paper. Taking photographs and
making copies of their "heads" and then gluing them down one on top of
each other to show how this relates to their outline. Tracing their
feet to show relationships from wrist to forearm....handprints with
paint.....you could get really crazy.....with different mediums.....

It would also be fun to hang them up on the wall and have kids stand
next to them as they are drawing each other.

If you have a computer you could show some examples by altering some
photographs. Moving things around to show the common assumptions when
drawing the figure....(eyes up in the forehead region)

Maybe you could take realistic renderings and cartoons and try to get
the students to explain what makes a cartoon....(exaggerated
proportions...) Maybe a good way to participate if you know the hip
cartoons now....(I haven't a clue)

Good Luck Tammy, I am sure this is a challenge.

Jen Ellis
Continuing Medical Education
Cleveland Clinic, Ohio