Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] "resegregation" in the art room

From: Dulcius (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 13:47:09 PDT

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to see what your opinions are on issues raised by a book I'm
reading. It's the newest one by Jonathon Kozol, called "Shame of the
Nation". It's about the de facto resegregation of American public schools,
or "apartheid education" as he calls it. I am wondering what everyone's
perspective on this issue is, and how you feel racial
integration/segregation impact the art room (or IF you feel they have an
impact on our art teaching).
just interested in feedback...
Lydia in Toledo (OH)

To unsubscribe go to