Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] 4th grade body proportions

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 12:31:42 PDT

Have them fold a piece of paper hot dog style 3 times so that you have 8 divisions on the
page. The top area is the head, the next 2 areas are neck and torso to the waist, the next area is
the butt or lower torso (waist is lower for men), the next three areas are the legs--divide in half for
the knees, the last area is feet (only about 1/2 of it--the average human is 7 1/2 heads tall.

>>> 9/20/2006 5:40 am >>>
I did a lesson today with my 4th graders on the body
proportions and
how to draw a person. It was ok but they still were having a
hard time
getting the proportions. Do you have any tips on how I could
help them
to better understand this concept? Could it be this is just a
bit hard
for them to understand?