Re:[teacherartexchange] surrrealism

---------

lpapanicolaou_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 09:54:39 PDT

Yes. We do magazine photo collage. It bypasses the gap between their desire to draw 'realistically' and what they're realistically able to draw, and surrealism lets us explore 'forced context'. Specifically, we use a perspective grid to create 'surrealist dreamscapes'--coloring checkerboard patterns on the grid, cutting out windows, and using overlapping/scale to create 'trick rooms'. The lesson comes originally from School Arts or Arts and Activities.

Linda