re:[teacherartexchange] erasers I found a cheaper brand that works great ...

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 04:13:32 PDT

Hi All,
    Through the bid process, we discovered a cheaper brand of white eraser
that works really well.

I have the box , they are "Able" brand "vinyl erasers" product # 07080.
They are made in Taiwan. We get samples when companies send back our Art
Supply bids. ( I am on the Art Bid Team)
These erasers were a pleasant surprise, and accepted from Elementary to HS.

I am not sure who the supplier was , but I can find out if anyone is
interested.

I also break them in half for use. We are doing one point perspective
drawings in grades 5 and 6 right now. Erasing is part of the process. I tell
them that this is not the finished product, but a step in learning the
process. So erase AWAY !!!
I use the handout from the Sanford website,
http://www.sanford-artedventures.com/create/tech_1pt_perspective.html
and then add my own drawing below it with a perspective house, labeled with
letters to identify the line segments. ab df etc.
That way , when I am referring to a certain line, and asking them to find a
line that is parallel to it, they can come up with some definitive answers.

In Math they are learning parallel, perpendicular, line segments, points.
Ruler usage is a constant that I teach each year.
Sometimes teaching perspective is like teaching rocket science. It's really
great when it finally clicks in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K is doing cutting straight lines, learning scissor usage and gluing, and
making a paper sculpture. (flat and 3D)
Gr 1 doing curved lines and creating rainbows, ROYGBIV
Gr 2 is using rulers and learning horizontal, vertical and diagonal to
created city scapes. Pencil only, using drawn detail to describe what is
going on .
Gr 3 is using pencil and a variety of lines to create an amorphous filled
with a variety of patterns (stripes spots dots plaid)
Gr 4 is using geometric shapes (hexagon, trapezoid, parallelogram, rhombus,
triangle and squares) and their imagination to experiment brainstorm and
create a colored pencil work of art complete with detail and a background wh
ere the main subjects are created from geometric shapes put together.

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)