RE: [teacherartexchange] Erasers@#?$!

---------

From: Michael sacco (occasm_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 16:56:32 PDT

I missed a lot of this thread too, but I hope we're
not dissing kids for using erasers.
    I have a different problem with my junior high
kids. So many don't realize it's okay to erase. They
think their first line(s) are the ones they're stuck
with. I tell them it's okay to erase to improve the
drawing and that "even I erase".
    Oh, and they know I love the "Magic Rub" as the
preferred eraser. Magical enough to cleanly erase
colored pencil that isn't applied too heavily.
   They also know I hate pink erasers. I call them the
evil Pink Erasers and I even have one on my desk that
has been drawn on by a student to resemble a monster.
    Gotta make it fun!!!

Mike Sacco
Paul J. Gelinas JHS
Setauket, NY