Re: [teacherartexchange] ambient noise

---------

From: Amy Broady (AmyBroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 14:23:15 PDT

I went to Tuesday Morning over the weekend and found a few good ambient
CDs--
I don't have them right here in front of me (I am home; they are at school),
but one is a Relaxation Classical CD, one is classical guitar mixed with
various nature sounds like a babbling brook, and one is a 2 CD-set that
features "Nature Sounds with Music"--one CD is sounds from the Everglades,
and the other is birdsongs . That last one really makes me feel like I am in
a Spa setting! I played it softly today, and told the kids that if they or I
could not hear the music, they were too loud.

It's too early to see of it will help kids to monitor their volume
effectively, but I definitely felt more relaxed all day!

The CDs were fairly cheap--if I remember correctly, $2.99, $3.99, and $8.99.
Or maybe one was $5.99. I know one of them was only $2.99, though.

So, check out the tunes at Tuesday Morning if you have one nearby!

Amy in TN