Re: [teacherartexchange] Sumerian art lesson

---------

From: Gabrielle Bliss (Gabrielle.Bliss_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2006 - 18:12:17 PDT

Hi Marcia,

If I am remembering right Sumerian Civilization was big around the time of the invention of writing. Since the
first wwriting was done on clay tablets we made clay tablets. You could even carve an an animal into them- I'm
thinking of the Sumerian gates in the Louvre. (Great pics to show)

Gabrielle in Minnesota