Re: [teacherartexchange] Erasers@#?$!

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2006 - 15:03:31 PDT

I have never used erasers in my elementary classes. We draw with Sharpie,
and mistakes are a chance for something exciting and new to happen. We
"practice" 2-3 times and then students choose their "best" one for their
final project to finish. I get frustrated waiting for kids to draw that
"perfect" circle, never getting to step two because they can't complete step
one. They always have one that they are happy with. My perception is (at the
elementary level) that students have an off-kilter view of perfection and
will often get frustrated trying to achieve that idea. So no, I don't think
you will damage their psyche by taking away their "eraser crutch".
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids