Re: [teacherartexchange] Erasers@#?$!

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2006 - 08:44:17 PDT

Have them draw with blue colored pencil or crayon. The blue lines
fade into the picture when color is added much better than black. If
they really must, they can go back and add black lines later on, but
I've found that students really love this method. I learned this from
a lady who illustrates books and goes around to area schools to give
demonstrations. It works best if you start with a light-ish blue
(like cerulean) to do your sketching, then make darker lines (with the
same pencil) that you want to keep, then start coloring. She doesn't
commit to any lines until almost the final step, when she goes back in
with black (or sometimes purple) to add definition where it's needed.
By then, you can't find the mistakes. They've already melted into the
picture!

Hope this helps!

Becky