[teacherartexchange] Pre-K help

---------

From: Beth Burkhart (burkhart.beth_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2006 - 18:03:58 PDT

Hi there,

I need some serious curriculum help. My schedule this year includes
teaching two preschool classrooms (ages 3-4) for two 40 minute periods
each week. I did something like this last year, but it was my first
year of teaching and I didn't know what I was doing (I'm more of a
middle-school person, honestly).
The pre-K teachers don't really do any art with the kids and want to
rely on me for bulletin board work. I'd prefer to focus on process
rather than product this year. The state has some very vague
benchmarks for pre-K art. Any ideas and help you can offer as I
develop the year's curriculum would be greatly appreciated. I'm
looking for learning objectives and goals, but lessons to help me get
there are also welcome.
-Beth in Chicago