Re: [teacherartexchange] Favorite Art Supplies/printmaking

---------

From: Amy Broady (AmyBroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2006 - 17:43:15 PDT

A few years ago, Somerset Studio ran an article on using a pasta machine as
a printing press for small-scale pieces.

I dug out my pasta machine today (I have it for use with polymer clay--not
for cooking, of course!) and hope to locate that article.

Maybe it would work for the Portfolio water soluable oil pastel print
process. I don't have any of them, but maybe I'll get a set and do some
expriments.

Pasta machines are now available at craft stores like Michael's for about
$20-$25. And Michaels had a 50% off coupon in the sales circular today!
Much, much cheaper than any printing press! Off course, it'd be for work
that is much, much smaller.

I actually used my 50% off coupon to purchase an Amaco craft oven from
JoAnn's. Our JoAnn ETC. store accepts competitor coupons. I also got my
teacher discount card at JoAnn's today which saved me 20% off my total, and
for future purchases will save me 10%, which is about what sales tax is here
(9 1/4%).

If you had a Joann's teacher discount card last year, it expired 8/31/06, so
it's time to get a new one.

Amy in TN