Re: [teacherartexchange] Pinwheels For Peace

---------

From: Su Doman (sudoman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2006 - 05:37:56 PDT

I agree with Linda. It's focus can be installation art, art with a
theme, core values, peace in our classroom, peace in our school, art
using symbols (dove, peace sign, hearts, etc.). I also explain it as
an Art/Literacy integration because students create images on one side
of the pinwheel and write peaceful messages, words, or poems on the
other. There are also a lot of great books about peace to share with
students to inspire them before they create their pinwheel. If anyone
needs resources, let me know.
Increase the Peace!~Su in Michigan