RE: [teacherartexchange] Pinwheels.PEACE.fundraising projects...

---------

apeshette_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Sep 15 2006 - 13:25:36 PDT

Hi,
We are one of those school districts that is so excruciatingly
politically correct that we don't mention any holidays. We have winter
break, spring break, no reindeer, no menorahs, no Halloween, no red or
green, nada! I feel like we have stripped away the "folk holiday"
aspect of our society. The district does publish a multicultural
calendar every year - just don't try to celebrate any of those holidays
at school!

-Alix