Re: [teacherartexchange] Pinwheels?

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2006 - 10:21:21 PDT

No. Actually, I thought it would be a really neat project for the
Theology classes. They love projects like this, and since every
student in the school takes theology, it would include everyone.

It ended up being a political thing. Even though the program is NOT
political (and it states it on the website in several places) people
would see it as a protest against the war (which isn't a bad thing, in
my opinion, but this is a private school and several of the students'
parents are high-ranking politicians who would take offense... blah,
blah,blah... I get it, I'm just disappointed.)

However, there is a good side. There is going to be an interfaith
prayer service next week on the same day and we've been given the OK
to use the pinwheels as decoration for that event, so that will be
nice. They just didn't want them to be placed out in public where
someone might think we're (*gasp!*) protesting the war.

Becky