Re: [teacherartexchange] Pinwheels?

---------

From: Vickie (jvmagee_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2006 - 15:59:12 PDT

"Why do some of you feel the need to get this project
> OK-ed, instead of simply "just do it"?

I am doing this project with my students K-12. My district is small so we
will have a total of 220 pinwheels spinning (I do not have all the 7th, 8th,
or high school students). I went ahead and put it in the newsletter, talked
with the regular classroom teachers about it, and placed a ad in the local
paper. Only afterward did I let the administrator know. I stressed in the
ad as well as to the students this is their intrepretation of peace, does
not have to be 'anti-war', but if that was their feeling on it they were
more than welcome to express that. I gave my example and made it about
family, love, and harmony. I am only hoping the weather is good next week,
so we don't have tape them to the window. I thought of having them
laminated, but there frankly isn't enough time! School just began on the
5th and I only see each K-5 class once a week. So we are working hard to
complete and assemble our pinwheels!

Vickie
Victoria L Magee
Art K-12