Re: [teacherartexchange] Pinwheels?

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2006 - 10:18:41 PDT

I am required to OK any project that has anything to do with the
public. Even if I put up a public exhibit at a coffee shop or
whatever, I have to get the OK from the admin. She usually lets me do
just about anything, so I was really surprised that she put the kibosh
on this one.

However, she just stopped me in the hallway and said she wants to talk
about it, so maybe she's got a way to make it work.

I started thinking that maybe it might be a politically correct thing.
 This is a private school, and one of the parents with a student in
the school is a Republican Senator who has been very outspoken about
her support of the war. Maybe they think it will be seen as a war
protest.

I find it very upsetting that we are in a situation where "peace"
means "I hate the president." That's not what it's about at all. If
we're in a society where we can't value peace and love our country,
something's seriously wrong.

*hmph.*

Becky