Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on getty.edu! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] pinwheels are spinning in Maine

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2006 - 08:16:07 PDT


That's so sad, because it's just plain incorrect! The website makes a
big deal about it NOT being a political thing, or even necessarily
about the war.

Sounds like someone making a decision without even reading the info. :(

I'm sorry your district made this decision.

Becky

On 9/14/06, Westphall, Robin <rwestphall@murrieta.k12.ca.us> wrote:
> I was so excited about the Pinwheels for Peace project that I asked my
> administrator if we could participate. He of course had to check with
> district people, who initially said yes and spread the word to other
> sites. Then the district PR person got involved and said we could NOT
> participate because the website suggested getting out of the war in
> Iraq.
>
> We have been forbidden to have pinwheels on the 21st. So much for peace
> in Southern California...
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Randy Menninghaus [mailto:india99@infionline.net]
> Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 3:42 AM
> To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
> Subject: [teacherartexchange] pinwheels are spinning in Maine
>
> Hi every one,
> I have been so busy with school that I haven't even been reading my list
> digests so if this has been a discussion I have missed it. However I did
> want to thank Ellen& Ann again. The pinwheels projecthas taken off again
> bigger better and with much more spinning technology than last year. We
> have triangle and circle shaped heads as well. My school is in a
> collaboration with a k-3 school across the river with our traditional
> sports rivals. That art teacher and I wrote a press release. It appears
> I
> can use the front lawn of the school. I have put information in our
> teachers mail boxes twice about the event. We have grid enlarged Gandhi,
> Mother Teresa and Maya Angelou...Found quotes by them.... I found a
> chilling and sad quote about peace by Anne Frank. What was the biggest
> surprise for me last year is to what an extent Peace seems to be a dirty
> word for many of my co-teachers. Like if you say peace you are
> automatically against the troops in Iraq. I just found my self saying
> the
> other day "Just because I am married does not mean I am agains't all
> single
> people" yeah I know it is a loose connection but it seemed to work.
> It is not too late to spin a wheel next Thursday Randy in Maine
> ps the site is pinwheelsforpeace.com
>
>
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to
> http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/unsubscribe.html
>
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to
> http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/unsubscribe.html
>

---
To unsubscribe go to 
http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/unsubscribe.html