Re: [teacherartexchange] Pinwheels For Peace

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2006 - 07:29:04 PDT

Greetings Robin,

I know it is now too late for you to do this at your school... but I
hope it is not too late for others. The web site clearly states:

"This is not political. Peace doesn't necessarily have to be
associated with the conflict of war, it can be related to
violence/intolerance in our daily lives, to peace of mind."

The web site does NOT suggest getting out of the war in Iraq. Where
did your PR person find this?

What kind of message are they sending to kids now? The kids were all
excited about Peace and now they are told that peace is not a good
idea.

This same problem happened last year with some who wanted to participate.

Peace begins with the individual. Students need to learn how they can
be peacemakers in their daily lives. Peace with themselves, peace with
their family.... their classmates.....

Judy Decker