[teacherartexchange] pinwheels are spinning in Maine

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2006 - 03:41:33 PDT

Hi every one,
I have been so busy with school that I haven't even been reading my list
digests so if this has been a discussion I have missed it. However I did
want to thank Ellen& Ann again. The pinwheels projecthas taken off again
bigger better and with much more spinning technology than last year. We
have triangle and circle shaped heads as well. My school is in a
collaboration with a k-3 school across the river with our traditional
sports rivals. That art teacher and I wrote a press release. It appears I
can use the front lawn of the school. I have put information in our
teachers mail boxes twice about the event. We have grid enlarged Gandhi,
Mother Teresa and Maya Angelou...Found quotes by them.... I found a
chilling and sad quote about peace by Anne Frank. What was the biggest
surprise for me last year is to what an extent Peace seems to be a dirty
word for many of my co-teachers. Like if you say peace you are
automatically against the troops in Iraq. I just found my self saying the
other day "Just because I am married does not mean I am agains't all single
people" yeah I know it is a loose connection but it seemed to work.
It is not too late to spin a wheel next Thursday Randy in Maine
ps the site is pinwheelsforpeace.com