Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 12, 2006

---------

From: Gabrielle Bliss (Gabrielle.Bliss_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 04:44:33 PDT

Hi Lisa,

When I used to teach a lot of kindergarten I used childrens books such as Where the WIld Things Are and
Millions of cats to teach different art concepts. I also worked through thematic units ie: cats. One time we draw
cats, next time make a cat out of clay, then a puppet, a painting etc. I approached the kids with the attitude that
we were going to play and embedded the concepts in the play.

Good Luck! kinders are really fun.
Gabrielle in Minnesota