Re:[teacherartexchange] peter panse - Canada

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2006 - 11:35:13 PDT

Hi all,
I live in Ontario, Canada.
I must say I am in shock (after reading the article on Peter Panse) and
disgusted by the behaviour of the school board (if of course the article is
accurate and correct). It seems to me that the students of that school have
lost a dedicated teacher, who was simply encouraging his students to pursue
opportunities that would help their artistic careers/futures (and by the
way, his student's drawings on the website are fabulous!!!)

There are 4 highschools in the community that I work (3 public and 1
catholic). The Catholic highschool actually offers life drawing studio time
in the evenings, co-ordinated by the art teacher who works there. Although
it is not a 'class' where there is a 'teacher', it does allow highschool
students the opportunity (as well as other members of the community) to
practice their figure drawing. Students must have parental permission to
join the studio time. I do advertise this opportunity in my own classes. I
have had several students participate in the program.
We also have a highschool in our school board which is an 'arts' schools,
and I beleive that they actually have a figure drawing course.

All my thoughts for now.
Enjoy the weekend everyone!
sue