Re: [teacherartexchange] peter panse

---------

From: Jen Ellis (just.jen.ellis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2006 - 06:37:20 PDT

Is there anyone from outside the US that could comment on this? I
would be curious of your feedback and how those in your country view
the nude in the younger classrooms.

As for a generation difference, people in my generation (that don't
pursue art) still don't understand why drawing nudes is so important.
(18-35). When asked about drawing nudes they walk away giggling like
some young kids. "So they were REALLY naked?" "Were they cute?" "Did
she have big boobs?" Urg. I wish I could say that this problem will
go away in time, maybe in 50 years, doubtful in 20.

Personally I think the media is a big part of the problem. It's hard
for me to think of how nudity has been represented in a non-sexual
way.....

Wendy-Can you post the Austin myspace controversy to another thread? I
don't know what you are talking about....maybe because I am fairly
new.

Jen Ellis
Interactive Multimedia Artist
Continuing Medical Education