Re: [teacherartexchange] new thread

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2006 - 17:45:19 PDT

What an exceptionally well written and balanced article about an art
teacher under attack.
What a shame that in the year 2006 we still have to deal with this
sort of ignorance. If the
article is correct, he seems to have approached the subject in a very
professional manner.
I remember a few nude drawings and paintings on display at
Scholastics in Kansas City.
I believe they were done outside the high school art classrooms, most
likely in classes
for advanced high school students at the Kansas City Art Institute.
I'll keep checking on
the outcome of this sad situation. But since I'm from Kansas, "where
the earth is flat"
nothing like this surprises me.
                                                                Woody

On Sep 8, 2006, at 6:03 PM, KPRS2 wrote:

> What do you think about the Peter Panse case?
>
> http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/2006/Peter_Panse/case1.asp

I'm forwarding this to teachers back in Kansas as well.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703