[teacherartexchange] "hot" political artist

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2006 - 13:33:08 PDT

my hs comix clubbers are looking at work i selected by
david rees. rees uses clip art images as characters
and creates dialogue for them based on current events
in "get your war on", published in many alternative
newspapers. i am sending the wikipedia link; you can
go to his website from there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Your_War_On

be warned: rees uses LOTS of expletives. the examples
i showed were either expletive free or i "bleeped"
them with white out. there is a great "clean" one
with pix of various wild animals - one says: "we can't
wait 'til you're all done killing each other."
sarcasm and satire are main ingredients... rees
donates royalties to landmine cleanup.

my kids are working on using found clip art images as
characters and creating their own dialogue to make a
strip. one team is working with an alien and the
easter bunny. can't wait to see how that one turns
out! will share results =

:D wendy