Re: [teacherartexchange] Editorial/Political Cartoons by Herb Block

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2006 - 09:43:29 PDT

Judy,
        Now this is a totally appropriate political issue for our discussion
group.
These guys (and perhaps some gals) are really sharp. They cut to the
bone
on every issue and gore everyone equally. In Albuquerque there is a
political
cartoonist named John Trever:
http://www.abqjournal.com/opinion/
In Kansas City the Star had Lee Judge:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/editorial/cartoons/
        I'm sure many a creative teacher could use these artists as exemplars
in really effective lessons. They might also considering inviting local
editorial cartoonists into the classroom.
        If anyone out there is aware of ladies who work as editorial
cartoonists,
please inform us.
                                                Woody

On Sep 8, 2006, at 9:52 AM, Judy Decker wrote:

> Dear Art Educators,
>
> This new online exhibit was featured in Scout Report.
>
> 11. Enduring Outrage: Editorial Cartoons by Herblock
> http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/herblock-home.html
>
> Legendary political cartoonist Herb Block left no pressing issue (or
> political party) unturned during his long career, which spanned
> most of the
> 20th century. Along the way, he picked up three Pulitzer Prizes,
> including
> one in 1973 that he won with his Washington Post colleagues for their
> coverage of the Watergate scandal. I

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons