RE: [teacherartexchange] arts return to San Francisco

---------

From: Shannon McGraw (smcgraw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2006 - 07:53:03 PDT

The most loving thing we can do as a country is put up and wall and
stand guard..the reason Mexico doesn't improve is because it has a
national policy of deporting its poor and uneducated to us...while they
send back OUR money to Mexico, making it the second largest source of
revenue next to their oil. Like someone said, give Mexico to Thailand
for 20 years and it would one of the richest and most successful
countries in the world. Other countries, Poland, for instance...demanded
change...Mexicans don't.
I taught those kids with as much love and enthusiasm as I could...I was
well thought of as a teacher. (although I had not one parent speak to me
all year.) I met a woman last night who almost died in a huge car crash
from a Mexican who ran a red light and had no license and insurance and
fled their place the next day. This is happening all over the
place...Mexicans come over here and knowingly disregard laws because
while if you or I got stopped with 75 pounds of pot and were swerving in
the road, we'd get arrested...they get let go. (happened) If everyone
would stop being silent and protest to officials..including
teachers....it sure would help. Instead of the illegals, who have the
most insane sense of entitlement would march in their OWN streets,
instead of ours...something would get done. So, I've heard that over
and over again...'if I were a Mexican I'd do the same thing..' and I
see the point...it's really OUR fault for throwing this country
away....but doesn't it take more courage to work in one's own country to
get change? But as long as we are the Great Enabler, it'll never happen.
Thanks for your thoughts.