Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] lining up

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2006 - 06:51:22 PDT

Our kids wear uniforms so I do painting/artist identification with some
of my art posters not hanging up. Usually I let the correct answer
release the whole table. The kids love this and call it "The Game." To
add excitement, I throw in paintings or artists I haven't discussed much
in class. If a table gets one of those correct, I bump them up to
first 'table.' It's gotten so that we start cleanup a bit early so that
there's always time to play "The Game."

With my younger students I have them line up according to what they wear
everyone wearing the color that yellow and red mixed together make may
up... It is a great way to review and to find out who knows their

> For lining up, I say whoever was in bed (doesn't have to be asleep) at

> 7:30
> line up, next 8:00 line up, etc. You can also line up by favorite
> ice
> cream flavors, doing a chore for Mom, next for Dad. etc. The kids love
> And
> it let's me see a little bit better into their lives. Gail

To unsubscribe go to