Re: [teacherartexchange] arts return to San Francisco

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 15:37:20 PDT

On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:44 AM, Shannon McGraw wrote:

> The answer is to stop giving the candy store away to illegals. I feel
> sorry for teachers in Calif. and Texas and elsewhere. I was in one of
> those schools a couple of years ago...thank God, I'm in a great
> private
> school now. And if you call me 'racists'........get a life. The
> illegals are destroying this country and invading everything including
> our schools at such numbers...who can teach them? If we don't stop it
> and get a breather like we did in the '20's, it's only going to get
> worse. There are ghost towns in Mexico...where are they? Here.
> It is
> an invasion.

I understand your frustration but these kids are not at fault. It is
our job to do
the very best we can for every child who enters our classes. Our lack
of a
comprehensive border policy is a real problem. Let's resolve it
without getting
mad at the kids. I too would like to seal the borders and provide
entry only to
those with legal jobs in the US. We need to close all those
businesses who hire
illegals including school districts who hire them. We also need a
legal way to
allow people to cross the border and work to better their lives.
Politics is
preventing this country from getting the laws in place.

Having said all that, let me be clear: if I lived in Mexico, the
first thing I would
do is sneak across the border and get phony papers, stay low and find
work.
                                        Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net