RE: [teacherartexchange] senior portfolios

---------

Laura.Drietz_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 13:36:37 PDT

I have done digital portfolios with all of my senior students interested
in going on. All of the schools they were interested requested them in
digital format. I took high-quality pictures of all of their projects
they wanted in their portfolio, and made both a Power Point presentation
and a web page, so they could be viewed online or from a disk. Both of
my seniors that did that last year were accepted into the schools of
their choice. Some colleges may prefer traditional ones, but I think
digital is the way to go. It is also an archive, where no matter what
happens to the projects, they always have pictures of it. The other
advantage of digital format is that they can always get slides made of
them too. I wish I had done that with my own artwork from high school
and college. Much of mine got destroyed when a water heater leaked, so I
no longer have them. What I did manage to save is damaged.

Laura Drietz
Art Teacher
Brookings Middle School
E-mail laura.drietz@k12.sd.us