[teacherartexchange] senior portfolios

---------

From: Chantal Pinnow (cpinnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2006 - 01:58:29 PDT

Hi,
I teach several seniors who are interested in going to art college or
pursuing an art degree after high school. I would like to help them prepare
a portfolio this year of some of their best work. I have a few questions...
1. Is it best to help them prepare a physical portfolio, a digital portfolio
(such as powerpoint), slides, or all three? I know different schools require
different things. I teach at an international school, and many students will
be going out of country to school. They won't necessarily be going on
"go-sees" to colleges.
2. When creating a physical portfolio, is it best to have everything mounted
and create a cover sheet (this is what i had to do in college), or just
placing a variety of works in a portfolio.
3. Would you make this as a grade, or just as a help to those who want it?
Thanks for any help.
Chantal