RE: [teacherartexchange] Cuneiform - interdisciplinary activity (Ancient Middle East)

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 05:22:50 PDT

Hi Judy,

One grade level creates cuneiform tablets using the sites below and the
initials of their name pressed into a piece of clay. For the
stylus/writing tool we use 'old' pyrometric cones, which create that
long triangular shape quite nicely. 'Old' because the kiln I use now is
digital, automatic, etc. We add holes at the top for hanging.

Jan