Re:[teacherartexchange] NEW K-8 photo teacher

---------

From: Anna R Chapman (arc220_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 04:59:35 PDT

I have a couple more photo suggestions:

Have them make and keep a photo sketchbook- walking around the
classroom, school, or outside of the school, everytime they see a photo
they'd like to take, they make a sketch of it. This is interesting way
to develop their "eye", and teach about composition.

Photo- collages: using magazines, old photos that you or they bring in,
and other mixed-media to make photo collages. You can bring in the
Dadaist photo montages and/or the Starn twins as example.

Alter/draw on top of old photos- watercolor and cray- pas work well.
Older students can scratch into the photos with a pointed tool.

Best of luck,
Anna Chapman
Brooklyn, NY