[teacherartexchange] The Memory Project - story on CBS Evening News

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 05:16:24 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Beth H. sent me this notice that The Memory Project is going to be a
story tonight on CBS Evening News.

From Beth:

Tonight on Katie Couric's debut CBS news show (6:30
eastern) she will have a story on the Memory Project.
You can see more about this at
http://www.thememoryproject.org. It is basically a way for
your most advanced students to make portraits of
orphaned 3rd world kids for their graduation from
school. It is all about passing on significance
through having your portrait done. My AP students did
it after their portfolios were all sent in. It was a
great way to serve others.
Also see the Books of Hope Project:
http://www.thememoryproject.org/booksofhope.html

Regards,